We are seeking a marketing intern to donate time to a small non-profit that seeks to service children and families. Interns will have the opportunity to work with top clinicians in the mental health field. Interns will gain experience working in a non-profit, collaborative setting; marketing in the community; fundraising on a variety of platforms; promoting through social media in a professional capacity; and facilitating projects and events.
Applicants must be able to make a six-month commitment. Expected duties include promoting Austin Family Institute on social media, maintaining our website and blog, aiding in fundraising, networking with other facilities, and outreach. This will involve traveling out to medical practices, urgent care centers, and treatment centers on AFI’s behalf to promote our services and establish relationships in the community.
- Must be in their last year majoring in a Marketing, Sales, or Advertising program OR have prior work experience in this area
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in social media platforms
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to commit six months
Applicants should expect to commit 10-15 hours per week during the duration of the internship. Although this is an unpaid internship, we are committed to providing supplies, a budget for mileage driven, and likely personal expenses that may be incurred. Expected start date: January 4, 2016.